Thursday, January 26, 2012

Patience is a Virtue




I talked to Hope and Robert today and found out today was another day of a lot of waiting.  Patience is definitely something you learn a lot about when waiting on paperwork in Ghana.  They all spent the better part of the day waiting in the passport office and at the medical office.  Apparently by the middle of the day Elizabeth looked over at Robert and said "Daddy if you go tomorrow, I will not go with you."  Translation, "if we have to sit around and wait in an office tomorrow I will just stay at the orphanage thanks!"  Hope did skype with me today along with Elizabeth and Nestine.  It is great to see how well they are all getting along and they spent most of the time on skype joking and laughing.  Hope has tried a lot of new food.  She said Kankee is not her favorite (think dough with spicy sauce to dip it in and a whole fish, head and all)  and she does like Banku.  I guess I better figure out how to make it since 4 of my 5 kids like it!  They are hoping to go swimming tomorrow after going and getting Lukes medical finished.  He had to get a TB test done today and was NOT the biggest fan of getting stuck with a needle!  So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to report back that they were able to get out of government offices and enjoy some swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment